PlanningRespect for the unique characteristics of the Blackdown Hills is key to successful partnershio with planners
TEN PARISHES NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN 2014
Ten East Devon parishes have been designated ‘Neighbourhood Areas’ and have been approved for funding by Department for Communities and Local Government. Neighbourhood Plans are a new type of planning strategy produced by the local community that will enable the parishes to set their own detailed planning policies to guide future development and conservation.
The ten parishes which are united by our distinctive Blackdown Hills landscape are working alongside one another for support, sharing resources and expert assistance. Geoffrey Sworder of Dunkeswell Parish Council said ‘the economies of working together have allowed every parish to produce a plan whereas alone the cost and enormity of the task may have been prohibitive’.
Each parish will be holding a launch event during June and July where parishioners are encouraged to come and find out about Neighbourhood Planning, join the team, or simply have their say on local issues. These and other issues will be the topic of a household survey during June & July, the results of which will inform the next stage of the plan.
Lisa Turner of the Blackdown Hills AONB said “we hope as many people as possible will complete their survey form and add their voice, this is a valuable opportunity to shape our future”
The Parishes are being supported by DCLG, East Devon District Council and the Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in their quest to plan for the future of our beautiful, living, working landscape and ensure future housing, community facilities, renewable energy production, employment and other development fits with our community needs as well as our built and natural heritage.
In line with the EDDC Local Plan, the Neighbourhood Plans will cover the period 2015 – 2031. Paul Diviani, Leader of EDDC said “this really is a fantastic opportunity for people to decide the future of their immediate locality and the District Council are pleased to offer their support”.
Neighbourhood Planning launch events are being held in the following locations – please attend your parish event and fill out your survey form – USE YOUR VOICE, HAVE YOUR SAY!
- Thursday 29th May 2014 11am – 7pm, The Aviator, Dunkeswell Airfield
- Tuesday 3rd June 11am 7pm, Throgmorton Community Hall
- Friday 6th June: 2-8pm
- Sat 7th June: 10am-6pm
- Sun 8th June: 10-12am and 2-4pm, Victory Hall, Stockland
- Fri 13th June 10am – 7pm, The Manor Room
- Saturday 14th June 11am – 5pm, Cotleigh Village Hall
- Friday 20th June 3pm – 7.30pm
- Saturday 21st 9am – 1pm, Membury Village Hall
- Tuesday 24th June 6-8pm, Memorial Hall Broadhembury
- Thursday 26th June 4pm – 8pm
- At the Friday Market on 27th June 10am – 12noon, Luppitt Village Hall
- Friday 4th July 7-9pm
- Saturday 5th July 10am-5pm, Chardstock Community Hall
- Saturday 12th July 10.00am – 12 noon, Yarcombe Saturday Village Market, Jubilee Hall, Yarcombe
- (TBC) Please see parish notice boards